Wednesday, October 14, 2009

La Boca Loca















The first day I hung out with Sara, she told me all about her trip to Argentina with Kari. She walked me through the aesthetics, the culture, the sights, the coffee, and of course, the food. To her, it felt like a European metropolis but with third world prices and a Latin groove. That day, and those descriptive words, all i could think was "ay, mamacita... tell me more"


Much like her trip, our experience at Industria Argentina in tribeca was legendary in its own right. When you walk into this place, you feel you've arrived in Latin America. The wood accents, artistic montages, deep hues and muted glow transports you, while the Argentinean music and Tribeca crowd strums your senses. Everything about this place is home grown - from the floors to the ceiling, its all imported from A-tina. We had the 4 four course pre-fixe, with wine pairings for the steal of $55 each... The meal started with scallops on a bed of seasoned tomatoes and pesto roulade, next up a lamb stew served in a baby sugar pumpkin, followed by hand carved steak and potatoes. Each of the 3 glasses of wine was a variation Malbec, perfectly selected to highlight the tones of each dish. By the third course, our taste buds were on a raft in the middle of the Atlantic, right off the coast of Uruguay... and out of no where, we hit a brick wall... dessert! The candied pumpkin dish was a syrupy concoction, drenched in thick sugary sweetness. A bit too much for us...

Overall, our trip to Greenwich St in Tribeca felt like a getaway to Buenos Aires, but without the cheesy "La Boca" district... definitely makes you wanna say "Ay, Mamacita... tell me more"

1 comment:

  1. ooooooooh! It's diner time and after reading your post I also went to their website, saw some more picture and....my mouth is drewling :o)
    Guess I'll have to close my eyes and imagine I taste something different when I'll swallow my simple ramen noodles for tonight :o)

    ReplyDelete