Thursday, October 13, 2011

Peared Down






















This time of year seckel pears make their grand entrance at the farmer's market. Their small size and sweet crunch makes them irresistible. I tend to buy too many knowing that even if I don't get around to eating them, they will at least look pretty on the kitchen table.

Last night I found a recipe for Upside-Down Pear Tartlets . The selling point-- it only calls for only 4 ingredients, all of which I had on hand. Puff pastry, butter, sugar and pears. I substituted seckel for d'anjou so slicing the pears wasn't necessary, just a quick lop in half. I reduced the overall size of the tartlet by using standard muffin tins (the recipe calls for jumbo) and cutting the puff pastry rounds to fit. I found that a 1/2 cup measuring scoop makes the perfect 'cookie cutter'.

Warm and sticky, we ate them right out of the oven... and then of course, the rest for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment